In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Friday, February 5, 2010

Lemon Poppyseed Cake

High expectations. That was the only thing wrong with this cake. When I read about it, I expected it to be different than the other poppy seed cakes I have had. Really, at least in my experience all poppyseed cakes are pretty much the same. Lemon Poppy seed or Almond Poppy seed, that is about as varied as it gets. I really like your average lemon or almond poppy seed cake. I was really hoping to find something new and different in the poppy seed realm. It is pretty with all those poppy seeds. Had I been presented this recipe as a standard poppy seed cake I would have said it was good.
I'm thinking maybe I just screwed something up, maybe I mixed it too long, or baked it too long. So just go over here, where it got rave reviews. If you make it let me know what you think. Maybe it is just me.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree...I made this after reading Deb's great review and I was unimpressed with it. Not worth the however many egg yolks it called for. I too thought I did something wrong, but I don't care to try again. I'll stick with Dorie Greenspan's lemon poppy seed muffins I made recently! Glad I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails