In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Black Cat - Ashland, Wisconsin

If you have been hanging around here for a while you know I like scones. If you have been paying attention you know that this is the scone I have been trying to re-create...
The Black Cat was "the" place for coffee when I was in college. It was the reason I had to work two jobs. Although I never planned it that way, two of the three places I lived in Ashland were less than a block away from this location. It has been at least 5 years since I have had a Black Cat scone and so this was a big deal for me. I was thrilled to find they had my absolute favorite, raspberry. I was hesitant as I already knew this was not going to be the same scone I remembered, because they never used to be covered with sugar. Inside it was still the same scone that I used to love, but here's the thing. I don't know how to say this, but in the years of trying to perfect the Black Cat scone, mine are now better. So, I no longer need to sit and pine away for the Black Cat days as I can make scones even better than the Black Cat in my own kitchen. If you happen to be passing through Ashland, Wisconsin I still recommend you stop in for a coffee and a scone, because I still think they are pretty darn good!
 The Black Cat looks exactly how I remember it, but they have done a wonderful job renovating the CO-OP since I was last there.

2 comments:

  1. You make better scones now because you make the ones in your memory. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Black Cat rocks! And their Saturday farmer's market right outside the door is AWESOME too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails