In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Monday, December 29, 2008

100th Post

Can it be? My blog turns 100 today. That seems like some sort of milestone. It doesn't seem all that long ago that the cranes were still at Creamer's Field and we were having a reception at my office to celebrate the season. It was at this celebration that I first tasted the Chocolate Peanut Butter cake that started it all. It was a short message and a blog link for the recipe that launched me into the world of food blogs. Then I found that even other people in Alaska had food blogs. I had been sitting on the Arctic Garden Studio blog for a long time with absolutely no posts and no direction.  I started my blog at the height of harvest season here in Fairbanks and creativity in cooking is at its best. Then I joined Molly's Jammin' Jelly Exchange and I was completely hooked. 
I feel like I am still working through exactly what I would like this blog to look like. I know that I would like to incorporate more Fairbanks art and garden posts. I would like this page to be a local resource along with a page those outside Alaska come to for a glimpse of life in Alaska. 
David has been very patient with the blog process, but he is beginning to wonder if we will ever eat the same thing twice again! 
I have some new ideas in the coming year and hope that you all keep reading. Thanks to all the other folks on my blogroll for the inspiration. Here's to the next 100...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 100 posts! I can't wait to see what's coming in the new year, and look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails