In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

The other night as I sat lamenting having not made my Nutcracker Cake on time for the Cake Slice Bakers David accused me of trying to keep up with the Joneses. In this case the Joneses being my fellow food bloggers. I actually thought I was doing the opposite by not making a cake that nobody would eat or worse the two of us would eat by ourselves! I actually find one of the benefits of food blogging is checking out all the recipes that everyone else is making. It is like having your own personal test kitchen.
As I sat drooling over my fellow bakers Nutcracker Cakes I decided to see what the other Joneses were up to for the holidays. I recently found Pennies on a Platter and this recipe for Candy Cane Biscotti which completely drew me in.
They had many links to Culinary in the Desert where I found this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe.
When the Joneses are making fudge that looks this good how can you help but want to keep up? I couldn't resist...
Two Toned Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
from Culinary in the Desert

1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line an 8" X 8" pan with foil.

In 2 separate heat-safe medium bowls, place 1 cup peanut butter chips in one and chocolate chips in the other

In a heavy 3 quart sauce pan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, evaporated milk and butter.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and quickly stir in vanilla.

Working safely, but quickly, stir one-half of the hot mixture into peanut butter
chips and the other half into the chocolate chips. Stir the peanut butter mixture until
fully melted and quickly pour into prepared pan.

Stir the chocolate chips mixture until fully melted and carefully spread over top of peanut butter layer.

Let sit at room temperature until completely cool. Cut into small squares.

1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe! You definitely need to try the Candy Cane Biscotti's. I also found it from Culinary in the Desert, and they are very tasty and festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails