In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Friday, January 23, 2009

Chorizo, Poblano and Yam Fajitas with Lime-Marinated Red Onions

Ok, would someone please remove that horribly yellow photo from my blog? It has been there for nearly two weeks! Sorry I have been away so long. We have had a lot going on lately and cooking hasn't really been at the top of my priority list. I would be ashamed to share with all of you the things we have been eating lately, but honestly there hasn't been a frozen pizza episode in a long time. In any case I think I am ready to jump back in. Things have warmed up here and I am feeling more motivated. I'm also thinking about a better photo set up with these low light days. I have a hard time feeling inspired with these horrible yellow photos. I have found a lot of great directions online for a light box and maybe that is the way to go. 
These Fajitas we had last week were really quick and easy. I love the Lime-Marinated red onions. I'm thinking about making them again in a salad. I could have probably just eaten the bowl of onions with a sprinkle of feta cheese and been happy.

Chorizo, Poblano and Yam Fajitas with Lime-Marinated Red Onions
Bon Appétit | January 2009

2 cups paper-thin slices red onions
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cups 1/2-inch-thick sticks peeled yam (red-skinned sweet potato)
12 to 14 ounces fresh chorizo sausages (about 3), casings removed
2 fresh poblano chiles,* halved, seeded, cut into thin strips
8 7- to 8-inch-diameter flour tortillas
1 cup crumbled feta cheese

Toss onions and generous sprinkle of salt
in medium bowl. Mix in lime juice. Setaside to marinate, tossing occasionally.
Meanwhile, place yam in microwave-safe
bowl. Add splash of water. Cover;cook on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Sauté chorizo in large nonstick skillet
over medium-high heat until cookedthrough, breaking into small pieces withfork, about 5 minutes. Transfer chorizo tobowl. Spoon off all but 1 tablespoon fat fromskillet. Add chiles to skillet. Cover and cookuntil tender, stirring occasionally, about 4minutes. Drain yam; transfer to skillet. Addchorizo and toss 1 minute to rewarm filling.
Cook 1 tortilla at a time directly over
gas flame or in skillet until heated, 10 to 15seconds per side.
Arrange tortillas on work surface.
Spoon filling in strip down center of each.Top with cheese, onions, and sprinkle oflime marinade. Fold in sides of tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails