In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sesame Noodles

Sometimes I feel silly posting outrageously simple recipes here. Sesame noodle is something I eat in one form or another at least once a week. Sometimes it has lots of veggies almost like a stir fry and sometimes it is in its most minimal form when I don't feel like cooking. I have never really thought much about them. Certainly never measured out the ingredients that I use. Usually it is just grab a bottle of this and a bottle of that and a dash of this...until it tastes right. Then I saw them posted on a very popular blog and thought, why not? I used the recipe as a starting point, but made them with my own twist. Also, I rarely make them without adding 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes. Feel free to add what you like to make them your own.


Simple Sesame Noodles
adapted from Pioneer Woman

1 package soba noodles, prepared according to package
¼ cups Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
1 inch piece of ginger, finely minced
 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons Hot Water
4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl.
Pour desired amount of sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with green onions. Serve.

4 comments:

  1. These simple recipes are usually the ones that get used the most. So many days when quick and easy are a godsend, especially when paired with hot chili oil and chile flakes, both of which work wonders on a bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woof, I want some. I'm afraid I get much more excited about savory dishes than sweet ones ('though your sweets all look divine, too).

    Is it bad manners to throw out another recipe here? Yours reminded me of one of mine. I loved Marquette's Sweet Water Cafe's Sea Noodle Salad but wanted more than a half cup at a time, and wanted to get away from white pasta. So...

    Throw together:
    Cooked udon noodles (whatever whole grain version you favor);
    Arame sea weed, soaked till tender;
    Minced green onions;
    Splash with toasted sesame seed oil and tamari

    ReplyDelete
  3. did u use soba? they look so light in color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You took stunning photos ! After reading your post i am slightly hungry :) thanks for sharing the Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails