In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Friday, March 15, 2013

The Emerald Cocktail

Wow, where did the week go? It's Friday already? Well, I better get this cocktail posted for you. As they say, it's 5:00 somewhere. Not only is it 5:00 somewhere, but it is also the Friday right before St. Patrick's Day. I'm sure many of you are planning some corned beef and cabbage for this weekend. Am I right? What about drinks? Are you the green beer type, or do you lean more towards Irish Coffee?
I'm a big fan of the Manhattan and this drink, The Emerald is an Irish version of the Manhattan made with Irish Whiskey. I had never heard of this drink until a few weeks ago when I was searching for a good St. Patrick's Day cocktail. I was actually surprised that this hadn't already made the rounds on the internet considering emerald is the Pantone color of the year. Of course, the drink isn't actually emerald itself.
I wish you all a fun and festive weekend. Whatever your drink of choice, Sláinte!

The Emerald

2 ounces Irish Whiskey
1 ounce Sweet Vermouth
1 dash orange bitters
ice
twist of orange peel to garnish

Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a scoop of crushed ice and stir. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve with the twist of orange. Makes one cocktail.

9 comments:

  1. Manhattans are my favorite cocktail! And we just happen to have some Bushmills in the liquor cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manhattans and Negronis are my favorites. I can't choose between them!

      Delete
  2. I would put a green maraschino cherry for garnish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Manhattan is my husband's drink of choice, so I'll try this one out on him. I love the orange twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband has good taste! That orange twist got totally out of control. Usually it takes me three tries to get a decent twist, so I couldn't resist when that one just kept going...

      Delete
  4. It was delicious! I couldn't find green maraschino cherries, so I was forced to use a red one. I put in a lemon twist because I had no orange. It was so tasty, but one is more than plenty. We had our neighbors over for a St. Patrick's Day toast. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Paula. I thought it was a perfect St. Patty's Day drink for Manhattan lovers. You are right though, the drink is all booze. One is plenty for me too.

      Delete
  5. That's exactly what I had been looking for for St. Patrick's Day.It's a pity that I come across your post now after the celebration is over. Yet, I think it's never too late to try something new. I'll use your recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one would be good anytime, plus Emerald is the Pantone color for all of 2013!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails