In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Morning Musings

There are chives in my garden already. I swear it was last week that there were barely buds on the trees. If I lived in Fairbanks for forty years I don't think I would get used to how quickly things happen around here. This summer I am working four days a week, which gives me a lazy Monday morning to gather my thoughts and get the house tidied up a bit for company (ok, the place looks like a tornado touched down and I am bracing myself for the scrubbing and vacuuming ahead). I sat down with my cup of coffee and the computer and a pile of cookbooks to compile my grocery list and think about what I wanted for breakfast. That is when I found scrambled eggs on toast with goat cheese on Smitten Kitchen. Really there is no recipe, just goat cheese smeared on toast with scrambled eggs and chives. It really is lovely, I don't know why I never thought of it before.
I also came across a quote this morning on Jamie Smith's Ink and Snow Blog. I went to his site in hopes of a morning chuckle (which I found), but I also found a post about cheesecake that I really enjoyed along with this quote:
"Some people like to paint pictures, or do gardening, or build a boat in the basement. Other people get a tremendous pleasure out of the kitchen, because cooking is just as creative and imaginative an activity as drawing, or wood carving, or music." - Julia Child
I also wanted to announce that I am combining my blogs. I have wanted to for a while, but had a hard time taking the plunge. You may have noticed that earlier this week I imported all the posts from the other blog on to this one. For now, the other blog will stay up. I am just finding it challenging to expand this blog beyond food when I have the other blog, it is much easier to say this blog gets all the recipes and that one gets everything else. Now, it will all be here. I promise I will try and take it easy on the dog photos...
 Sometimes, no matter how hard I try they still end up in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails