In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Friday, April 1, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Fool

I am a fool for raspberries, I guess that would make me a raspberry fool. In other ways I am also a fool. You see, I am quite trusting of people. Trusting to a fault. I have become better about this, age and experience helps. When it comes down to it, I don't often think that a person might be pulling my leg or outright lying to me. It's not my first instinct. David thinks it has to do with being an only child. I didn't have any siblings to teach me these lessons. For this reason I am a super easy target for April Fool's Day jokes and practical jokes in general.
That doesn't mean I don't love a good practical joke, or playing them. You see, I have always been the shy, quiet sort. Ok, so now all the people who know me now are rolling on the floor laughing at that statement. As a child, I was painfully shy and somewhat afraid of people thanks to my Grandmother who was a little obsessed with child abduction. That's another story. So, yes I once was very shy. This of course never made people suspect me of anything and honestly I often got away with a lot because I was a "good kid". Most people just don't think I have it in me. The thing is if you play a joke on me, I get a little obsessive about it. I will plot and scheme my response. It could take years, and you will have forgotten all about it and then I will come back with a good one. Let's just say if you ever ended up with tabasco in your toothbrush, or cayenne powder in your cigarettes...well, yes that was me. Sorry.
Don't worry, this raspberry fool doesn't contain any tabasco or cayenne, just delicious raspberry picked on a hot summer day last year, a little melted white chocolate, and whipped cream. Fools are easy to throw together and can make a pretty impressive last minute dessert, even though any fool could do it. Happy April Fool's Day to all the practical jokers out there.

White Chocolate and Raspberry Fool
adapted from The Washington Post

4 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen), plus several fresh for garnish


Heat the white chocolate in a large, heatproof container set over, but not touching, the water in a saucepan, which should be barely bubbling over medium to medium-low heat; stir until it is melted and smooth. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the melted white chocolate in a small bowl.

Pour the heavy cream into the large bowl of a stand mixer; beat for 1 to 2 minutes on medium-high speed, then stop to add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until firm peaks form.

Transfer about 1 cup of the whipped cream to the container with the white chocolate; whisk until well blended. Add mixture back into the mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Mix in the raspberries until the cream turns pink.

Divide the fool among individual containers (4-6) and scatter equal amounts of the fresh raspberries on each serving, as a garnish. Drizzle a bit of the reserved white chocolate on top of each serving. Serve cold.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful recipe and gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds so amazing. I love raspberries.

    I'd like to invite you to link up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/31/toffee-snickerdoodle-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, white chocolate, raspberries and heavy whipping cream. This has got to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful! And I love the glass jars you used.I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this raspberry widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for raspberries,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a fool on April Fools' too, but yours is much, much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all I love anything white chocolate. But that's not whey I'm here evne though now I just pinned your recipe on Pinterest and will have to make it, it looks so good. I'm here because I read your comment on Penny de los Santos' blog. I think your comment was right on. What good advice you gave. It's not the camera, it's the practice.

    I'm glad I found you and your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelsey-Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

    Allison- I will check it out.

    Cindy- It is. :)

    Alisa- I will take a look at that.

    Julia- Yours sounded quite yummy as well.

    Damaris- Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to reply to my other comment. Your site is beautiful by the way. I love your "about" photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails