In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Cookbook Challenge



October 2, 2008- I have always loved books. Anytime I become interested in a new activity I always feel the need to go out and purchase every book written on the subject. Cooking is no exception. Every time I buy a new cookbook I look at all the pictures and recipes and think about all the things I will make. The problem is that I have realized that although I love to buy new cookbooks, the novelty seems to wear off quickly as I move on to the next new cookbook. There are only a select few that I return to time and time again. So I have decided to make a resolution that I can only get one new cookbook for each ten recipes I make from the old ones. Seems fair. For some of you I know that would probably mean a new cookbook every 10 days. I highly doubt I will become that motivated.
On this page I will start making a list of five recipes from each of my new cookbooks that I would like to try. Eventually these recipes will becomes links to actual blog posts. I'm starting with the Baked Cookbook that just arrived yesterday. Below I will add links to recipe posts from my older cookbooks as I make them. Just to get things rolling I have added one link to a recipe I have already made and posted. I will not count it towards the 10!
Take a look at the "cookbooks in my kitchen" section on the main page of my blog. Do you own any of these cookbooks? Are there any recipes you would like to try? Any recipes you would recommend? Do you want to cook something together? If you already have posts with any of these recipes I would be happy to add a link. Drop me a comment and let me know. I am open to any ideas or suggestions.
Also, I will take a more thoughtful approach to the new cookbooks I actually do purchase. I will keep a list for potential new cookbooks. I would love to hear your comments on those as well.

1. Chipotle Cheddar Biscuits
2. Easy Homemade Granola
3. The Baked Brownie
4. Maple Walnut Scones
5. Vanilla Marshmallows




1. Anaheim Black Bean Burgers
2. Yam and Pepita Quesadilla








2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!! Thanks for your comment on my Brussels sprout story on AlisonsLunch.com. Nice to meet you!

    Oh my goodness, where to start with the cookbooks. Here are my favorites from your list:

    1. Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen.
    2. Deborah Madison's Local Flavors.
    3. rebar modern food.
    4. Peter Berley's Modern Vegetarian Kitchen.

    I can't even begin to list all the recipes in these books I've made... it would take me too long. I have lots of variations on them at www.SouthAnchorageFarmersMarket.com. Anything grown here locally in Anchorage, I've likely made a variation of in these books... and all of the salads in rebar (they are divine), as well as all the soups. the vegetable recipes in MVK are fantastic. Please write to me at AlisonsLunch.com about anything you're tempted to try and I'll put my $0.02 in!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I LOVED this post! I will definitely be back to read through it and the links more carefully.

    I can totally relate as I have a "few" cookbooks myself! LOL! I cook more from blogs than my cookbooks.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails