In Season

Roasted Cauliflower with Cumin and Pomegranate

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pomegranates


How can you help but love this time of year. Some of the best fruit of the year becomes available: meyer lemons, pomegranates, and this week I will try my very first Persimmon. I can't wait.  There have been some great recipes and resources about Pomegrantes available lately. Bon Appetit did a feature story on Pomegranates and included a recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash, Pomegranate and Walnut Salad. Not to mention the Pomegranate Panna Cotta! I have always wanted to make Panna Cotta at home and this seems like the perfect opportunity. 
A recent post on  Mighty Foods included some great recipe links and resources as well. We have already had two dinners this season with Pomegranate seeds: Golden Beet and Pomegranate Salad along with Soba Noodles with Broccoli, Walnuts and Pomegranates
I am also tempted to stock up on Pomegranates and make this Pomegranate Jelly from Simply Recipes. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful picture! I've never been able to find Meyer Lemons...I wish I could....and suggestions????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails