In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chanterelle Mushroom Pizza


I wanted to make something special with the Chanterelle mushrooms in our last CSA. They looked so pretty with their peachy orange color. I poured through recipes trying to find something similar to a Chanterelle Mushroom pizza I once had in Port Angeles, Washington. I started with three very small garnet yams and put them in the oven to bake. I wrapped a bulb of garlic in foil and tossed it in to roast alongside the yams. Then, I started my usual Pizza dough, but decided to use locally ground whole wheat flour instead of the usual all-purpose flour to give the crust a little more texture. Once the yams were soft I removed them from the oven and let them cool along with the garlic. I sliced the mushrooms and two shallots and fried them with a little oil and set them aside to cool. The yams and roasted garlic were pureed in my mini food processer with about 1/4 cup olive oil. I spread the mixture onto the dough, just like pizza sauce.Then I added the cheese (mozzerella, parmesan, and chevre) and toppings (chanterelles, and shallots). I placed it in a 550 degree oven on a pizza stone. Five minutes later we had one really tasty pizza...

The only thing that I meant to include and forgot was a little basil on top. That would have made it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails